GoodWeave International (GWI) is governed by the GWI Constitution (click here to download the Articles of Association). The Board of Directors oversees the organization and guides GoodWeave’s strategic objectives. As a full member of the ISEAL Alliance, the governance systems, policies and procedures guiding GoodWeave's work are designed to meet the requirements of the ISEAL Codes of Good Practice.
GoodWeave UK is a registered UK charity and company limited by guarantee which is a member of GoodWeave International.
GoodWeave UK: Charity Registration Number 1139218. Company registered in England and Wales Number 4210546.
GoodWeave's Advisory Board provides guidance to GoodWeave International, and consists of members who represent a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Doug Cahn, Principal, The Cahn Group LLC
- Tom Harkin, US Senator from Iowa
- Charles Lyons, Executive Director, Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Fund
- Stephanie Odegard, Global Creative Director and President, Stephanie Odegard Collection
- Maureen Orth, Editor-at-Large, Vanity Fair
- David Parker, Photographer
- Charles Porter, Chairman, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Caroline Ramsay Merriam, Founder, The Crafts Center
- Betty Wasserman, Principal, Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors Ltd.
Executive Leadership Team
The Executive Leadership Team coordinates the implementation of the GoodWeave program internationally.
- Nina Smith – Executive Director
- Beth Gottschling Huber – Deputy Director
- Pashtoon Atif – Acting GoodWeave Afghanistan Country Director
- Manoj Bhatt – GoodWeave India Country Director
- Lubha Raj Neupane – GoodWeave Nepal Foundation Executive Director
- Mathew John – GWI Certification Division Director
The Standards Committee is responsible for developing and deciding on the content of GoodWeave standards.
- Lee Swepston (Chair) – External expert, labour rights
- Gerard Oonk – External expert, child rights
- Indu Tuladhar – External expert, child rights
- David Hircock – External expert, environmental issues
- Hajar Husaini – External expert, supply chain monitoring
- Lobsang Lama (Vice-chair) – GoodWeave manufacturer/exporter (Nepal)
- Dinesh Jain – GoodWeave manufacturer/exporter (India)
- Caroline Kent – GoodWeave importer/retailer
- Walter Chapin – GoodWeave importer/retailer
- Fazel Wasit – GWI producer country initiative
- Scott Welker – GWI consumer country initiative
- Aziz Ur Rehman (non-voting) – GWI standards expert
Child Protection Committee
- Jonathan Blagbrough,Co-founder, Children Unite, UK
- Uddhav Raj Poudyal, Independent Expert, Nepal
- Regatte Venkat Reddy, National Convenor, MV Foundation, India
- Pashtoon Atif, Social Programme Manager, GoodWeave Afghanistan
- Nitu Prasad, Senior Program Coordinator, GoodWeave India
- Kushum Sharma, Social Programme Manager, Nepal GoodWeave Foundation
You can help us end child labor and transform the lives of the thousands of children trapped in carpet work by making a tax-deductible (USA only) donation today. Every dollar makes a difference.
At the age of five, Manju was already working on the rug looms. While she has since been found and freed from illegal carpet work, some 250,000 children throughout South Asia still toil in obscurity. Through GoodWeave nearly 3,600 kids like Manju have been rescued, rehabilitated and educated, and thousands more deterred from entering the work force.More Stories »
GoodWeave is a full-member of the ISEAL Alliance, the global association for sustainability standards whose Codes of Good Practice are seen as global references for developing and implementing credible standards.